Falling snow, cozy nights, holiday parties—there’s something about the winter season that inspires families to come together.
In close-knit towns like Morinville, a diverse array of recreational opportunities provides a sense of community and support—even in those bone-chilling winter months. Plus, convenient amenities, like local eateries, quaint schools and local shopping, offer everything families need to grow and thrive.
The Lakes, one of Morinville’s most sought-after communities, boasts easy access to town’s community centre and library, where many of the season’s activities and events are now underway.
Read on to discover Morinville’s best winter experiences, along with links to each program’s dates, times and locations.
- Lite Up the Nite Christmas Festival – From decorative crafts and Santa photos to a town parade and stunning light display, get in the holiday spirit at this weekend-long celebration.
- Family Skate – Parents and little ones, dig out your skates and helmets for this regularly scheduled event at the Ray McDonald Sports Center.
- Family Day Classic 3-on-3 Pond Hockey Tournament – Pull together an all-star team and compete to win awesome prizes.
Great for kids & teens
- Preschool Pantry: Christmas Treats – Sweeten your child’s Christmas season with a cookie decorating class.
- MY Loft Junior Youth Club – Each Monday after school, kids can dabble in art, cooking, sports and many more exciting activities.
- Youth Combat Cardio Kickboxing – Teens can get their sweat on at this energetic program, learning karate, kickboxing and muay thai.
Engaging opportunities for adults & seniors
- Recreational Volleyball – Serve, spike and stay active on the court while socializing with new and old friends.
- Coats for Our Community – Donate gently used jackets, mitts, hats and snow pants to families in need.
- Christmas Centerpieces – Seniors, create beautiful cedar and bough decorations as you enjoy festive music and refreshments.
In Morinville, it’s easy to make the most of winter, with fun things to do and family-friendly activities around every corner.
This fulfilling sense of balance comes naturally at The Lakes, a beautiful waterfront community within walking distance to Morinville’s best destinations. Whether you’re in the market for a townhouse, family home with attached garage or lakeside estate lot, here, you’ll find plenty of affordable options, starting from $1,361 per month.
The Lakes is a community by Landrex, a locally owned and operated development company. Since 1975, Landrex has built connections and cultivated communities, creating best-in-class residential and commercial projects in the greater Edmonton area.
Want to learn more about Morinville’s winter festivities and activities? Visit http://morinville.ca/what-s-on/morinville-recreation-programs to discover all the recreational opportunities the town offers.